Get certified with the Mia Serra School of Belly Dance at Danceworks, the UKs first 3 month intensive course.
Belly dancing is a becoming more and more popular, with a rising demand for teachers. Fun, creative and confidence building, teaching is a rewarding way to bring this dance form to others.
Mia Serra is one of the UK's most well known and respected master instructors and performers. As an advanced level certified pilates instructor, she has used her years of experience to develop the Mia Serra method © of belly dance. She is also an expert in technique, performance, choreography and Arabic rhythms.
To qualify for the course you need to:
- Be at least an intermediate/advanced level belly dancer (professionals and teachers are also welcome)
- Have completed, or be attending Mia’s Level 3 12-week course or equivalent
To certify you need to:
- Observe four of Mia’s classes
- Complete four Sundays of intensive training with Mia
- Complete a written and practical assessment (including anatomy exam and practice lesson)
As a certified instructor you will get:
- Certification up to Beginner/Improver level
- A manual
- A Mia Serra ‘Belly Dance Instructor’ logo t-shirt
- The option to take Intermediate and Advanced certification
- Ongoing development with discounts on workshops throughout the year
- Certificates will be presented to graduates at Mia’s Belly Dance Beats show on the last week of term